Avon Cosmetics Review:
In this article we are going to share about our review on Avon Cosmetics. Do you know the beauty industry is the only segment which shows incremental growth in the market? Cosmetic product market is expected to generate $863 billion business in the next 5 years.
However, not all beauty product manufacturing and marketing companies make a profit. Why?
Along with rising Youth population (nearly 16% currently) that believes to be in the trend; fashion and beauty industries are expected to grow as well. Multiple beauty product manufacturing companies are entering the market with their variety of cosmetics.
But women are very selective and peculiar about their choice of cosmetic products and brands. There is a tough competition currently to meet the requirement.
In such a scenario, there is a brand which was founded back in 1886 and is known for making and offering various products such as Perfumes, Toilet Waters, Powder, Lipsticks and Toiletry products. Digital and Commercial advertisements didn’t exist at that era, hence Avon trusted on its door-to-door, Word-of-Mouth and Catalog distribution methods of marketing. It also involved housewives and women to join the campaign and distribute its products through the direct-selling approach. And in return, the company will pay them a share of the sale. In short, it started multi-level marketing for its products.
Here is how the brand and its products are currently performing in the market:
- When the world is turning digital, Avon is upfront in joining the party but it still relies on the above-mentioned methods of marketing.
- In such a competitive market, Avon is currently fifth-largest beauty industry and has a direct competition with brands such as L’Oréal, Procter & Gamble Co. and Unilever in the Personal Care category.
- Avon’s beauty brands have a variety of products for make-up, personal care, skincare, haircare, fragrance, home products and fashion.
- There are several known and widely accepted Avon brands such as
- Body Care Brands: Avon Care, Encanto, Avon Naturals, Skin-So-Soft and Footworks
- Skincare Brands: ANEW, ANEW Clinical, ANEW Perfect Skin, ANEW Reversalist, ANEW Ultimate, ANEW Platinum and Avon True Nutra-Effects
- Makeup Brands: mark. and Avon True
- Fragrance Brands: Today, Tomorrow, Always, Avon Eve, Far Away, Musk Marine, Black Suede, Full Speed Max Turbo and Segno
- Hair Care Brands: Advance Techniques
- Avon’s Cosmetic products very often get mentioned on publications such as Glamour, Woman’s Day, People, Life & Style, Marie Claire, and many more.
- Avon Perfectly Matte lipsticks and Big & Daring Volume Mascara are very popular products in Cosmetics segment with a wide range of colour options available for beautiful ladies out there.
- Mark and Avon True are famous make-up brands and perform better than other branded make-up products in the market.
- Avon is 2nd largest direct-selling company in the world today and offers its representatives two ways to join the distribution team – Part-time and Full-time
- Most of its distributors or representatives are Women who provide access to Avon’s latest products. Based on their performance, Avon publishes recognition of their hard work under “Woman of the Week” program.
Conclusion: Avon Cosmetics Review
Finally, to summarize, Avon is a very popular brand itself with its sub-brands spread across various segments, which helps women to be part of this brand by selling it directly and making earning out of the sale. Looks like, Avon is not willing to give up and it’s already fighting with bigger brands and even challenging them up to their survival point.